Positive characteristics cards are great for self esteem. They are also very useful to help children’s writing or description of characters. Those characters might be themselves, someone they know, a book character or a character from TV.
These cards are wonderful for a display. There are over 100 cards with positive characteristics from A-Z (excluding X). There are also 3 banners which can be printed out for your display board. If you have any other suggestions then please do ask because I can make it for you.
The banners are in PDF format and you need to alter your settings to print over several pages if you want it very large. Choose the ‘poster options’ and change the setting to suit the size you would like. You will obviously have to piece it together but it will look fabulous when done. Unfortunately I cannot give instructions because everyone’s printer is different.
They could be used in lots of different ways. You could use them with children:
- Pick out a characteristic using the first letter of their name.
- Pick out all the characteristics with the letters of their name and create an acrostic poem.
- Pick out the characteristics of a book character.
- Pick out the characteristics of a superhero.
- Pick out a characteristic word that they do not know the meaning of and find out together.
- Pick out 5 characteristic words that describe themselves.
- Pick out a characteristic word beginning with a certain letter.
- Pick out a characteristic word and write about a time when they showed that characteristic.
- Pick out a characteristic card and use in a sentence.
As you can see there are lots of things you can do with these cards. Remind your children everyday of all their wonderful characteristics.
This is a DOWNLOADABLE resource and a link will by sent by email for you to download it. Please check your spam folder if it does not arrive immediately on purchase.