The Positives Game
The Positives game is about encouraging children to use their thinking skills and to also look for positive uses for every day objects. If they can do this then perhaps this can have a positive aspect on their lives and their every day thoughts.
The game will encourage them to look at things such as a bucket and come up with positive uses for the bucket. Encourage them to think outside of the box and come up with anything at all that is a positive use for a bucket. Examples could be:
- Carrying water (obvious answer)
- Turning it upside down and using it as a stool to sit on.
- Putting holes in the bottom and using as a watering can or a shower.
- Putting soil in it and planting something in it.
- Using several buckets as stepping stones.
- Use it as a sandpit and fill with sand.
- Use it to mix paint.
- Use it to collect things.
- Use it as a bin and put rubbish in it.
- Use it for storage.
The list is endless once you start thinking about it. I would suggest before playing the game you practise as a group and help each other with suggestions. Children need to just have a go and not be worried about saying something silly because I am sure there will be silly answers. For example a bucket could be used as an emergency toilet!
This game will not only help children’s thinking skills and look at the positive aspects of an every day object but it will help their self confidence and self esteem.
This download has game cards, game board and instructions.
This is a downloadable resource. A link to download the resource will be sent to your email address after purchase. It can also be downloaded directly from the site by entering your username and password, going to your account and looking at your purchase history.