Zentangle® is a relatively new and exciting art form which combines relaxation with creating exciting images using repeating patterns. Anyone can do it and anything goes! This resource was “Inspired by the Zentangle® method of pattern drawing.“ and you can visit their website for more information. If you look on Pinterest or do a search on the internet you can find some amazing images that people have created. Many of these designs are truly inspiring. I have included some designs to illustrate from a fabulous clipart artist.
You can read more about it here Credit and information
There are so many benefits and it makes a nice change to just colouring in mindfulness patterns. Pupils can make their own.
Suggested benefits include:
- Concentration and attention span – it is so easy to get completely engrossed in your design
- Thinking skills – thinking what pattern to do next, what will look good!
- Mindfulness – a sense of mindfulness and being completed absorbed in the activity
- Relaxation – a true sense of relaxation as you are only thinking about your patterns
- Hand eye co-ordination – speaks for itself, try it!
- Self-esteem – creating something beautiful that looks amazing!
- Stress relief – if you feel stressed give it a go. You will be amazed
- Self soothing – it is such a soothing activity and if you feel upset or anxious it will make you feel better
- Ok to make mistakes – your mistakes can be incorporated into your design
- Problem solving – how can you incorporate your mistakes into your design?
- Fine motor skills – making those tiny patterns
- Nurturing creative abilities – allowing everyone to be creative
- Expanding your imagination – let your imagination go and just create!
- Creative expression – allows you to create your own design and express yourself
- Great fun!
- Simple to learn – each stroke of the pen or pencil is simple
- No planned outcome – you don’t know yet how your design will end up.
Let’s start a new and fabulous craze!
Included in the pack:
- 35 shapes all sectioned off
- 32 of those shapes all blank for pupils to section off
- 26 Letters of the alphabet sectioned off
- 26 Letters of the alphabet left blank for pupil to section off
This is a downloadable resource and a link will be sent to your email address immediately on purchase. Please ensure you input the correct email address and check your spam folder if you do not receive your resource within a couple of minutes. You can also log into your account on the website and download directly from your purchase history.