Animal Strength Cards
A lovely set of 52 strength cards suitable for any age child from 4 or 5 up to 16+.
Strengths are for me the absolute basis of self-esteem. There is so much you can do with a set of strength cards. Some ideas:
- In a group ask one child to sit in the centre of the circle and ask the children to choose 5 strengths that represent the child.
- Ask the child to pick someone they admire. What strengths does that person have?
- Lay the cards facedown and ask the child to pick a card. Do they know anyone with that strength? Discuss the strength and what it means. How does that person show that strength?
- Use the strength cards as affirmations by adding ‘I am’ to the strength. ‘I am kind’, ‘I am caring’, ‘I am helpful’. Repeat daily.
- Pick one strength card and decide how you are going to use that strength today, tomorrow, next week or in the future.
- If the child has a problem. Which strength might help him or her to overcome that problem? Choose one or two useful strengths.
- Ask the child to make a list of all their friends then ask them to place a strength card next to each friend’s name.
I have also included an example lesson plan and supporting worksheets.
Free lesson plan can be downloaded here Example lesson plan
This is a downloadable resource and a link will be sent to your email address on purchase. Please ensure you input the correct email address and check your spam folder if you do not receive your resource. You can also log into your account on the website and download from your purchase history.