Social skills – listening intervention.
**This intervention has just been updated
This intervention is written for a group of four children and is led by an ELSA or teaching assistant. It covers emotions, relaxation and a basic course in listening skills. It runs for approximately 40 minutes for six sessions.
All the resources are available at the end of each lesson plan. Feelings fans and circle time rules are included in the pack. The lessons are designed to include emotions, main activity and relaxation. The last session includes a ‘snack time’.
Learning objectives covered are:
- I can understand what it means to hear something
- I can find out some information by listening carefully
- I can tell you what I do to listen carefully
- I can follow instructions
- I can tell you what someone just said
- I can give feedback on what has been said
This intervention is included in ‘The New ELSA Starter pack’
This is a downloadable resource. A link to download the resource will be sent to your email address after purchase. It can also be downloaded directly from the site by entering your username and password, going to your account and looking at your purchase history.